The SC500 mobility scooter carrier is an incredibly high quality and robust product.
It features built-in LED lights with a 7-pin flat plug to connect to your vehicle. It also features a number plate light and has holes and screws pre-drilled for your licence plate. The welded handle on the ramp allows for easy folding and unfolding.
Tie-down straps can then be hooked onto any of the 10 tie-down holes on the tall ramp sides. The ramp sides also feature carry handles for easy handling when installing the carrier. Supporting the carrier is the heavy-duty 2″ hitch tube which features 4 bolts and a safety pin underneath to allow the hitch tube to be removed from the carrier.
The hitch tube has a 5/8″ hitch pin hole for securing the carrier to your vehicle and will work on class III or IV hitches.
The SC500XL features an integrated 2 section ramp that folds up and out into 3 different positions:
Keep the ramp folded flat to the carrier surface and held down with a spring pull pin. The folded flat position is to keep the ramp stored and secured when the carrier is folded up.
Unfold the ramp and the position allows for scooters or power wheelchairs to be pushed or driven up the carrier.
The ramp position allows the ramp to stand up straight when a mobility device is on the carrier. The ramp is held vertically in place with a spring pull pin.
1. Make sure the hitch is a 50mmx50mm (2″) square hitch and the distance from the hole of the hitch to the rear edge less than 15.5CM. The hitch pin hole to the tray of the carrier is 15.5cm when folded up and may cause fitment issue if the vehicle also has a spare tyre mounted on the tailgate.
2. Never stand on the carrier or ride a scooter on the carrier.
3. Please check with your local towbar specialist to ensure that your tow bar is able to carry the weight of your scooter and the carrier.
4. Please consult your local Road Transport Authority and always comply with the local rules and regulations that may apply when using the carrier.
5. Make sure the carrier is big enough for your scooter, the length should be from the front wheel to the anti-tilt wheel or rear basket.
6. In some cases you may need to drill additional holes to mount the LED lights and/or licence plate.
Weight Capacity: 226kg
Carrier Length: 150cm
Carrier width: 80cm
Ramp Length: 150cm
Ramp Width: 78cm
Ramp on: left side
Centre of pin hole to carrier(fold): 15.5cm
Centre of pin hole to carrier(unfold): 38cm
Carrier weight: 44kg
Hitch suitable: 50mmX50mm(2″X2″)Hitch
Warranty: 12 months
1x Carrier with ramp
1x Hitch tube (no hitch bolt)
2x LED light, left one with a number plate light
1x 7-pin flat Plug
1x Moving wheel
1x Licence plate screws suit
1x User Manual